Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What's up with the egg salad?

Well....a long time ago, on a planet far far away.....oh wait, wrong story!

As Meredith Grey is want to say, "Seriously!"

I write on and off, probably more off than on. I like to write, I feel like I can't say "love" because if I did, then I think I would find the time to write more often. I wish I was a writer (preferably best selling like Elizabeth George with I hope a nice royalty check from my books being turned into a TV series and the ability to still teach classes/workshops and live in a comfortable house on an island off the coast of Washington...oops I'm drifting) because to me that is a cool job that sometimes you can even do while sitting in your pajamas, eating chunky monkey ice cream. So, back to the writing....I do like to write, but I never feel like I have enough time for it or do it enough. I have realized over time that I am a bit like a tennis ball during Wimbledon...one minute here, one minute there. I like a lot of different things: books, tv shows, movies, knitting, even hiking/biking/walking. Sometimes I wish I had less interests, that I just concentrated on only one or two things instead of getting distracted by so many things I enjoy, then maybe I'd have more time for writing without feeling like it was a chore to do.

So, I guess that's why I'm here.

I've written a few blogs before and liked it, but over time the content has grown stale. I was in a KAL (knitalong) but that ended and so that blog is now defunct. I wrote a blog for awhile about my experiences with infertility and it was a place I could vent my frustrations and share with the other infertile women in the infertility blog community, but most of those women finally had kids (their own or adopted) and stopped writing their blogs, and I never did get to have kids so I found myself posting less and less on that blog and trying to turn it into a "generic life" blog just didn't seem right. I have a blog about trying to read "Anna Karenina" from beginning to end, but I think the only one interested in that is me--and I still haven't finished it. I have a couple of other blogs that I barely post on anymore and even I don't necessarily want to keep those up anymore! So, I guess I just felt it was time for a new--"life in general" blog that I could post anything I want to (daily stuff, poems, recipes, story plots) and maybe a few of my really good friends could read it if they wanted to keep up with my writing or just me in general and if not, that's okay.

As for the egg salad...well I'm getting there, but basically I'm on doctor's orders to "EAT MORE PROTEIN" and while I do like eggs and they are a good protein source, I am trying to find new ways to eat them. I also have a "dairy" restriction so cheese-filled omelets are now out, and you can only eat so many scrambled or sunny side up eggs and so I find that the easiest fix is hard-boiled eggs that I can just grab and go and when those get boring I can easily convert them to egg salad which has tons of possibilities for exciting add ins, so basically that's "what's up with the egg salad."

No comments:

Post a Comment